Conference - Big Data Analytics and Evaluation
From : 4 mars 2019 - 09h00 to : 17h30
L'invitation en français est disponible ici
SOLEP asbl, the Société Luxembourgeoise de l'Evaluation et de la Prospective, marks its 10th anniversary in 2019. To celebrate, SOLEP invites you to a conference of interest to policy-makers, evaluation professionals, economists, statisticians, data analysts, researchers, and students.
The event will be held under the patronage of the Ministry of the Economy and Foreign Trade and the European Investment Bank, and is organised with the support of Chamber of Commerce, KPMG Luxembourg, Artemis Information Management and PwC Luxembourg.
The use of big data analytics in monitoring and evaluation is on the rise. What are the new analytical tools and how can they applied for public decision-making? What are the implications to evaluation practitioners? What are the challenges ahead in terms of privacy protection and ethics? Two plenary sessions in the morning will be followed by three parallel technical workshops in the afternoon on the use of big data analytical tools for monitoring and evaluation.
9h00: Session1. Big data analytics in evaluation: where do we stand and where are we headed?
- Keynote address by representatives of Luxembourgish Government and Chamber of Commerce
- Presentation by SOLEP - The use of big data analytics for policy insight: typology, benefits and challenges
- Panel discussion and Q&A moderated by SOLEP:
- Conchita D'Ambrosio and Andreas Zilian (University of Luxembourg's DRIVEN DTU – Doctoral Training Unit on Data-driven Computational Modelling and Applications)
- Rick Davies (Independent consultant)
- Hansdeep Khaira (Evaluation Officer, Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD – the United Nations International Fund for Agricultural Development)
10h50: Coffee break
11h00: Session 2. Artificial Intelligence ethics and data privacy initiatives around the globe: progress and remaining challenges
- Presentation by Sophie Vulliet-Tavernier (CNIL – the French Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés)
- Panel discussion moderated by Danièle Lamarque (Member for Audit Quality Control at the European Court of Auditors):
- Gerard Lommel (Commissioner of the Luxembourgish government for Data Protection in public administration)
- Mark Cole (University of Luxembourg SnT – Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust)
- Andreas Braun (Consultant, PwC Luxembourg)
12h30: Lunch break
14h00: Parallel technical workshops
- Workshop 1. Prediction modelling as an evaluation tool, presented by Dr. Rick Davies (Independent consultant)
- Workshop 2. The use of satellite imagery and signals to support decision-making
- Conducting impact evaluations in difficult contexts using geospatial analysis, presented by Hansdeep Khaira (Evaluation Officer, Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD)
- Estimating real-time rainfall using satellite communication signals, presented by M.R. Bhavani Shankar (Research Scientist, University of Luxembourg SnT – Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust)
- Workshop 3. Social media intelligence in evaluation and research, presented by Raquel de Luis Iglesias (Consultant, Ipsos MORI) with Dr Jun Pang (Research Scientists, DRIVEN DTU and SnT, University of Luxembourg)
16h00: Coffee break
16h15: Workshops conclusions in plenary session
17h15: Closing remarks by SOLEP and EIB
- Registration deadline: Monday, 25 February 2019
- Free entry, but registration is mandatory. Registration can be done here
- Limited number of seats
- French-English translation will be provided for morning sessions 1 and 2 and for one afternoon technical workshop
- The programme may be subject to modifications
- For further information please contact SOLEP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed programme of the event available here.
Presenters' biographies are available here.
Date à définir
No value for image2
Registered places: 0 / Capacity: Unlimited
List of registrations